Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) hopes to attract the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities. There are 8 universities that candidates can choose accordingly to their preferences.
Where: in one of the 8 universities in Hong Kong
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
Award: annual stipend of HK$301,200, a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$12,600
Duration: up to three years
Number of awards: more than 250 PhD Fellowships
To be eligible, you have to:
- Be candidates who are seeking admission as new full time PhD students in those eight universities.
- Show your excellent qualities of academic performance, research ability / potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
How to apply:
- First step, apply online for initial application to obtain an HKPFS Reference Number
Second step, submit full applications to proposed universities
- Opening date: September 1, 2018
- Deadline: December 1, 2018
Step two: deadlines are depending on the university you choose