International joint MSc programme: Geography of Environmental Risks and Human Security
This Joint Master’s is part of a selected group of international postgraduate programmes that benefits from the EPOS funding scheme offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). We will be able to offer a certain number of fully-funded scholarships to students from “developing countries” for the student intake from 2017 onwards.
Eligible candidates should fulfill the following requirements in addition to the general eligibility criteria for the Master’s programme:
- Being a candidate from an eligible Developing Country (check the list on DAAD website);
- Having at least 2 years of work experience after the Bachelor’s and before applying for Epos programme (i.e. with an NGO, GO, or the private sector);
- Having graduated from their Bachelor not more than 5 years ago;
- Having completed no other Master in a similar field of studies;
- Wishing to apply the post-Master knowledge in career as practitioner (not in an academic area/PHD) further contributing to development;
- Being ready to fully commit to start with the Joint Master Programme once accepted by Joint Master’s selection committee and for funding through Epos
Students wishing to be considered for these scholarships need to apply for the programme as well by submitting a separate application pack (see APPLICATIONS section, requirement no.9); acceptance to the former does not guarantee acceptance to the latter.
The selection process for the EPOS funding among shortlisted candidates will happen between February and April each year.
Candidates that do not fulfill the EPOS requirements but wish to benefit from financial support during their studies are invited to apply individually and early to other available funding programmes in Germany.
A list of available programmes can be found here.