Deadline : October 31, 2018 first Result announcement: January 31, 2019
Interview: February 1-15, 2019 second announcement: Mid March 2019
Level: graduate studies
Number of scholarships: 15-20
Benefits of the scholarship:
According the degree and the duration of study period, the scholarship provides:
- monthly stipend of:
- 200,000 Yen for 1 to two years
- 180000 Japanese Yen for 3 years
- 150000 for 4 to 5 years
- Travel cost
Who can apply?
- Be from a country other than japan
- be registered or applying for a graduate school starting from April 1, 2019
- graduate enrolled students can apply if they can submit a research plan
- PhD applicants must be born after March 31, 1983 and master’s applicants after March 31, 1988.
- Be strongly intended to work in his / her home country after the completion of the program
- Can participate in the events and have good international friendship understanding
- Be able to have a every conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be in Japanese .
Applicants can apply online following the steps below:
- Have the documents prepared and apply online
- Write the application number on your application form
- Print a mailing label in the last page of application forms, write your application number on it and put it in an envelope for A4 paper.
- Send your application form to the administration office by a postal mail.
- Save your application number
Selected applicants will be announced on this website.
Note: applications sent by email will not considered. And the documents send to the administration office will not be returned back
Confirmation email for receiving applications will be send by November 14
What documents are required?
- Scholarship application form ,Resume and Personal information form (the photo should be attached as instruction . ) (Japanese)
- Educational Transcripts (Japanese or English )
- Research plan in Japanese
- Academic supervisor recommendation letter (Japanese or English )
- Admission or enrolment letter (Japanese or English)
Address to send the documents:
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
1-14-9, Tomigaya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-0063
Tel: +81-3-3468-2214 Fax: +81-3-3468-2606
Send inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org