- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Kabul
- Position Title:
- Strategic Engagement Administrative Clerk
- Open Period:
- 03/05/2019 – 03/11/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 0105 5
- Not Specified
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time – Active
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- 1 Vacancy in
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Competitive service
• Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- All Interested Applicants/All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Marketing Statement:
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees (Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employment) before you apply.
The U.S. Mission in Kabul is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for position of Strategic Engagement Administrative Clerk with the PAS Section.
The work schedule for this position is: Full-time 40 hours/week
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Not Required
Provides administrative support to the Office of Strategic Engagement, working primarily with the Deputy Director of Strategic Engagement but also supporting all other members of the section. Handles all administrative issues, including but not restricted to: management of schedules, appointments, and meetings; organization of files; acquisition of expendable and non-expendable office supplies; handling and tracking procurement requests; coordination with vendors; preparation of building access requests and travel notifications; preparation of payment vouchers and travel advances; management of databases and spreadsheets; providing secretarial services for the Deputy Director; preparation of correspondence; maintenance of contact list; coordination of projects and events; preparation of time and attendance reports for all employees in the section; maintenance of copiers and printers, including cartridge replacement; copying and filing; serving as receptionist handling telephone calls; and other duties as assigned.
Applicants must address required qualifications criteria listed below with specific information and documentation supporting each item. For example, official transcripts evidencing educational requirements must be attached to the original application submission. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified. We are not required to contact applicants who have submitted incomplete application packages.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Minimum One-year of full-time, administrative work experience in business, academic, governmental nongovernmental or international organization is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of computer systems, including word-processing, databases and database management, and Internet resources. Familiarization with all programs under Microsoft Office Suite.
- Education Requirements:
Completion of High School is required.
LANGUAGE: Level (4) Dari required. English competence of 3/3 or better, with good writing ability is required.
This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to work independently on assigned tasks and programs while coordinating with other members of the Public Affairs team. Must have strong organizational and administrative skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of American and Afghan contacts. Must be a self-starter who displays strong initiative, follow-through, resourcefulness and adaptability. Must be able to solve problems independently and provide recommendations for process improvements. Must be able to draft professional-quality e-mails with minimal editing. Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office applications (esp. Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) and Internet-based information resources preferred
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications and complete a mandatory probationary period for LE Staff.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), locally-resident EFMs and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in (insert post and/or country name) may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS in LWOP **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS in LWOP status with re-employment or reinstatement rights back to their agency or bureau.
What is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc? (https://www.icass.gov/hr-oe/)
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. The Mission may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current employees of the Mission who have not successfully completed their initial probationary periods are not eligible to apply. Current employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory or MBC score of 100 points or less, on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current employees of the Mission hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment. This does not apply for employees on a PSA (Temp), or those are hired on a When Actually Employed (WAE) or intermittent work schedule.
4. Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a local security clearance. To apply for this position applicants must electronically submit the documents listed below to be considered for employment. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible and qualified. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site (US Embassy Kabul Website).
- Required Documents:
- High School Certificate/Diploma
- Proof of Citizenship (Tazkira)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language, skills, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Kabul.
gor more information please visit official website