About New Kabul Bank:
New Kabul Bank started its banking activities on 18 April 2011 by having received its license as a commercial bank under banking system of the country. Ministry of Finance is the shareholder of New Kabul Bank.
New Kabul Bank is operating by CBS system and providing services for valued citizens by covering a wide network in more than 115 branches with professional and experienced cadre.
Purpose of the Job:
TheDy. Provincial’s Branches Audit Manageris responsible for evaluating the adequacy and functioning of the New Kabul Bank’s risk management, control and governance processes; ensuring that risks are appropriately identified and managed; significant financial, managerial and operational information is accurate, reliable and timely; quality and continuous improvement are fostered in the Bank’s control process; employees’ actions are in compliance with policies, standards, procedures and applicable laws and regulation and significant legislative or regulatory issues impacting the organization are recognized and addressed properly.
– Assist the IA Mgr.Implement the approved Risk Based Annual Audit Plan including any special tasks or projects requested by Manager, Internal Audit.
– Evaluate and assess significant merging/consolidation functions, and new or changing services, processes, operations, and control processes coincident with their development, implementation and or/expansion.
– Develop a proper and comprehensive plan for each audit projects in-line with IAD Annual Risk Based Audit plan by understanding NKB’s internal audit policy.
– Identify emerging issues that may impact annual risk based audit plan.
– Train the audit staff well could handle the audit projects in a professional manner.
– Analyze NKB financial, operational and management processes and system control effectiveness and efficiency in view to improve them and propose value-added recommendations.
– Evaluate the adequacy of system design, risk management and internal control framework in meeting business, operational and control objectives.
– Assist in the investigation of significant suspected fraudulent activities within the New Kabul Bank and notify Department head.
– Provide assurance that operations and process confirm to current NKB’s policies and procedures.
– Provide technical and analytical support to the Department Head.
– Perform consulting services, beyond internal audit assurance services to assist CIA inmeetings its objectives. Examples may include facilitation, process design and advisory services.
– Maintain the internal electronic and manual filing and diary systems.
– Provide annual assessment on the adequacy and effectiveness of the IAD processes for controlling its activities and managing its risks.
– Provide a summary report to the Chief Internal Auditor on audit findings and any significant risks or breakdown in the control structure of bank.
– Provide information periodically on the status of the annual audit plan and the sufficiency of department resources.
– As directed by Chief Internal Auditor, carry out specific projects or investigations.
– Provide value added consulting services when needed.
– Lead special investigations involving fraud, control failures or special needs of the IAD.
Self/Staff Development & Teamwork
– Provide guidance and mentoring to staff by providing direction and coaching; impart specialized skills and or knowledge to other audit officers & deputy internal audit manager through peer discussions and cooperation on cross-functional audits, coaching and performance management.
– Create an environment of continuous improvement by sharing best practices and good experience.
– Conduct regular team meetings during assignments/projects.
– Assist in managing staff resources ensuring they are efficiently and effectively deployed in audit projects.
– Maintain on-going relationships with auditee (Branches & Departments).
– Make internal presentations as required by IAD for training purpose.
– Keep abreast of changes in laws, regulations, professional standards and changes in the NKB that could affect the business risk profile.
– Continue self-development to expand or maintain an understanding of the Bank goals.
– Maintain a strict level of confidentiality on all matters reviewed.
– Keep obsolete compliance with regulatory requirements.
– Meet the deadline of audit projects as per given time budget to finalize the reports.
– Keep compliance with IIA definition & code ethics.
– Proper report writing with sufficient/adequate supporting documents.
– Up-gradation of knowledge & skills by attending the related workshop.
– Be punctual and meet the office timing.
– Team work and collaboration.
– Proper maintenance of audit projects working paper file (W.P).
– Being initiative & complete the audit projects appropriately.
– University graduate in accounting, finance, administration or business.
– Comprehensive knowledge of a Bank’s structures, risk, internal controls, processes, procedures and services.
– 1-2 years of audit experience preferably in the financial services (Banking environment).
– Ability to think “outside the box” and apply creative and constructive thinking to propose recommendations for improvements to internal processes control, procedures and policies.
– Demonstrated excellent analytical skills in proposing well-founded conclusions.
– Well-developed writing skills sufficient to prepare material involving interpretation, analysis, assessment and reports.
– Well-developed technical skills in Microsoft office suite, with emphasis on Word and Excel.
– Participation in ongoing educational programs to upgrade skills.
– Demonstrated initiative, autonomy, adaptability, maturity and sound judgment.
– Demonstrated compliance to the Professional code of Ethics and standards for the Professional practice of Internal auditing according to the Institute of Internal auditors.
– Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values consistent with NKB’s culture.
– Ability to stand firm on difficult issues when required.
– Demonstrated job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations.
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CV and educational and work certificates to the attention of following address.
NKB main office – HRD,
Add; 10-42, Torabaz Khan, Shahr-e-Naw, Kabul – Afghanistan.
Applications by email can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org All candidates short-listed for interviews will be directly contacted.