If you are an outstanding female student and/or want to pursue your master’s degree in Computer Science at Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien), you can apply to Helmu Veith Stipend. This stipend is awarded annually in memory of professor Helmu Veith (1971-2016) who worked in the fields of logic in Computer Science, Computer aided verification and software engineering.
Deadline: November 30, 2018
Instruction language: English
Fields of study:
- Logic in Computer Science
- Formal Methods and verification
- Computer security
- Algorithms and complexity theory
- Databases and knowledge representation
- Artificial intelligence
- Software Engineering
Level of study: Master degree
Duration: up to two years – based on the duration of study program
Funding Coverage/ benefits;
- Annual stipend of 6000 euros
- Tuition fee waiver at Vienna University of Technology
Who can apply to Veith Stipend?
- Be female students interested and eligible for one of the master’s degree in computer science mentioned above.
- Obtained a bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Mathematics (Bologna first cycle) or equivalent
- Be proficient in English language
Required documents in English / German
- Intent letter – describing the intention of applying to this funding
- Academic transcripts of university degree
- Educational certificates (diplomas, bachelor certificate)
- Two referees contact details
- English language certificate (TOEFL or similar )
- Copy of passport
How to apply?
Applicant needs to apply for one of the master’s degree mentioned above and for the stipend separately. She must receive an unconditional admission to a master program so that she can receive the funding.
For apply to funding, the applicants are requested to send their complete application as a single PDF to the submission email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please visit the Vienna Center of Logic and Algorithm