|Date Posted:||Feb 28, 2019||Reference:||ITL-011|
|Closing Date:||Mar 12, 2019||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiable||Years of Experience:||3 – 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Probation Period:||Unspecified|
|Required Languages:||Dari, English|
About Coordination of Rehabilitation and Development Services for Afghanistan:
Coordination of Rehabilitation and Development Services for Afghanistan (CRDSA) is a non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organization working in sectors of health, education, community development, infrastructure and agriculture in Afghanistan. CRDSA was established in 2002 and presently is operating in Herat, Farah and Badghis provinces.
Responsible for the delivery of technical (Management) trainings focusing on capacity building and delivery of knowledge for a set of indicators outlined in the project M&E plan and Log-frame.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Cultural sensitivity and commitment to diversity
· Communicates effectively with and relates to people of different cultures, demonstrating an ability to see issues from different perspective
· Experience in capacity building programs is required
· Experience in the development and provision of support programs for people in rural areas far from access to justice in districts of both provinces.
· Professional experience in justice, Islamic law/Sharia and human rights programing, including in the development, mainstreaming and implementation of legal/civic laws.
· Sound knowledge of international standards/national laws on human rights, access to justice, formal and informal justice systems and related instruments.
· Experience in conducting workshop and management, including participatory training approaches;
· Knowledge of latest development in best practices related to the topic.
· Excellent writing and oral communication skills in Persian and English is required.
· Should be able to travel to project target districts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Under the management of CRDSA, the trainer is expected to provide the necessary trainings required for selected project beneficiaries to acquire the professional skills expected in the identified fields.
2. Provide training in the following specific and professional training areas:
a) Technical trainings for judiciary staff:
– Communication training
– General management training
b) Trainings for CBHRC, HRD and informal justice actors
– Conflict management training
3. In close coordination with justice and attorney departments, develop training materials for training of formal justice staff (materials should be developed based on beneficiary needs and recommendations as well project document).
4. Share Pre-test and post-test questioner with CRDSA and CAID two days before conducting each training
5. Attendance sheet, photos, work group documents and other training outputs are to be shared/submit to CRDSA.
6. As the impact of training, the trainees must be able to perform the maximum knowledge and expertise required to become a human rights protector in the field of training they undertake.
7. Develop interactive and detailed training modules/training session plan and all accompanying background material for the delivery of trainings on capacity building of service providers on effective legal services in prevention of and response to human rights protection.
8. The training materials shall include components on the types of legal support services and inter-sectorial collaboration and coordination of various sectors in providing response and ensuring effective prevention also include detrimental effects of human rights violation, short- and long-term consequences.
9. The training should cover the identification and detection of lack of access to justice, reporting, response and inter-sectorial cooperation from participants’ view point.
10. Develop a detailed evaluation of the modules/training (s) by the participants so that the training materials can be improved according to the participants’ feedback.
11. As part of the training, deliver the training guidelines in addition to content and tools.
12. Develop a report (10 pages) outlining the main opportunities, challenges, remaining needs and suggested way forward for the development of legal services provision for poor and marginalized citizens in Herat/Badghis. The report should include recommendations for further addressing of weaknesses by-service providers and state bodies.
13. Feedback reports from the participants on the training provided and their whole experience to be completed and shared with CRDSA and CAID.
14. Submission of training final report at the end of set of trainings comprising the salient features of the training activity under this program, suggestions and recommendations emerging from the participants, compilation and an analytical note of the evaluation sheet.
15. Conceptual areas of trainings should grant following bullet points:
– Increased knowledge of management, clerical, conflict resolution, among formal justice and informal justice actors.
– Strengthened and consistent administrative practices related to accessibility, time efficiency; do no harm, monitoring, accountability, transparency.
– Capable to create communication between actors of formal and informal justice systems
– Sharing the research findings in order to facilitate relational interface between local power structures, traditional/customary justice leaders, the formal judiciary, and community representatives
16. The trainer along with project team to make sure that the curriculum and training modules developed, reviewed, and updated in response to emergent learning.
17. The content of trainings should include Islamic philosophies while promoting positive ideas of human right, natural-justice principles and rights protection of the powerless, especially women.
18. Fulfillment of functions and realization of key deliverables as per individual terms of reference (ToRs) as per assessment by CAID, CRDSA or third party.
19. Advise on effective training delivery methods to CRDSA for each part of the proposed learning topic with specific time frame.
20. Provide embedded dispute resolution, time management, communication and human rights lectures.
21. Adopted and effective curriculum for the technical and professional training required in planned trainings by ITL project.
22. Provide implementation plan for conducting each training specially for informal justice & CBHRCs.
23. Although the technical trainings are designed to enhance the management capacity of project beneficiaries, but the trainer shall keep in mind that all sub components of ITL project activities are to strengthen and enhance access to justice at formal and informal justice systems at Herat and Badghis provinces.
24. The trainer/involved team shall provide with training progress reports including:
– Attendance register reflecting the contact details and names of trainees trained for the period for each category.
– Progress and evaluation report for the trainees
– List of activities undertaken, and training accomplished
– Sound/video clips
– Pretest posttest evaluation
– Training methodology
– Training curriculum
Afghanistan, Herat, Badghis
· A degree in relevant field of experience from a recognized training center
· Strong professional 3 years background in providing similar training
· Certified trainer in his field of specialty
Applicants are kindly requested to submit their applications and CVs in English to firstname.lastname@example.org and also they may submit it to CRDSA-Herat office to the following address:
Mukhabirat Street, 4th district
Charahi Aab Bakhsh-e-Badmorghan, near Qasedak Café Net