WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters. In 2018, WFP Afghanistan provided food assistance to more than 4 million people through a series of programme interventions across the country. Thanks to its newly approved Country Strategic Plan (2018-2022), WFP Afghanistan is well placed to provide comprehensive support to the country in achieving Zero Hunger by 2030 via its six closely interrelated outcomes, which range from emergency response to livelihoods creation, as well as nutrition programmes based on a life-cycle approach, and the strengthening of national food systems. Such national-led framing of all strategic result areas of the CSP will contribute to the country’s long-term transition to development and aspiration for peace. For more information, see wfp.org
To perform routine site maintenance tasks to support safe, comfortable and reliable working environment.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide basic site maintenance and installation work (e.g. generators, water pumps, water heaters, etc.) including carpentry work and basic site repairs, ensuring well-functioning equipment.
2. Provide portering and cleaning services (e.g. moving assets, reorganizing/installing workstations, assisting in setting up conference/meeting/event locations, removing waste materials, emergency cleaning, etc.), to facilitate organized and safe work environment.
3. Contribute to keeping accurate inventory records through physical check and maintenance of lists/database, and arrange disposal of identified equipment and materials, strictly following supervisor’s instructions and WFP assets management guidelines.
4. Report on works undertaken, services provided, materials used for installations/repairs including accurate generator fuel log books, to support accurate accounting.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: Two or more years of related experience in site maintenance and basic record keeping.
Knowledge & Skills: • Knowledge of simple machine operations and use of cleaning materials/ solutions.
• Ability to operate and maintain equipment and supplies in good working order.
• Knowledge of safety precautions.
• High sense of responsibility and punctuality.
• Honesty and integrity.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and in Dari and/or Pashto
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position Title: Site Maintenance Assistant (UNHAS Compound)
Grade: Level L2 (SC2)
Contract: Service Contract (SC) – One-year renewable
Duty Station: Kabul
Salary: Starting at USD 10,050 net per annum
Medical Plan: International valid medical plan for the staff member, spouse and dependents children under 18 years
Annual leave: 24 working days per annum
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
5 March 2019
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
For more information please visit official website