WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters. In 2018, WFP Afghanistan provided food assistance to more than 4 million people through a series of programme interventions across the country. Thanks to its newly approved Country Strategic Plan (2018-2022), WFP Afghanistan is well placed to provide comprehensive support to the country in achieving Zero Hunger by 2030 via its six closely interrelated outcomes, which range from emergency response to livelihoods creation, as well as nutrition programmes based on a life-cycle approach, and the strengthening of national food systems. Such national-led framing of all strategic result areas of the CSP will contribute to the country’s long-term transition to development and aspiration for peace. For more information, see wfp.org
To assist UNHAS cargo Team to have an efffective and efficient movement control of all cargos, pouch and catering.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Assisting cargo section to have an effective anf efficient movement control of cargo, pouch and catering:
2. Assist the cargo section in timely preparation of daily pre-flight report on outgoing cargo/pouch and present same to Operations Centre (AOCC):
3. Assist the cargo section in timely preparation of the daily cargo, pouch manifest for each flight;
4. Maintain good records of all incoming and outgoing cargo/pouch in the database on a daily basis;
5. Ensure all shipments/movements are properly recorded into Takeflite 24h in advance;
6. Support and ensure that the cargo section maintains a chronological filing and archives system for all incoming and outgoing cargo/pouch in the cargo office;
7. Assist and verify proper packaging and labelling system is in place at the time of cargo delivery at UNHAS prior to shipment to their destinations; 8. Ensure the correct weight and volume of cargo/pouch is declared by the consigner prior to shipment;
9. Assist the cargo supervisor of all dues related to arrangements of cargo and excess baggage are received and prepared;
10. Support the supervisor in timely release of cargo to the consignee or respective agency focal points and update the records accordinfgly;
11. Assist the supervisor that the transit cargo is well received, preserved and dispatched to the designated destinations as soon as possible;
12. Maintain good records of cargo stock balance for all the stickers, luggage tags, label and cargo tags;
13. In close coordination with supervisor, arrange for and provide caterging supplies to all UNHAS flights on ned basis;
14. Assist in maintaining good records and track of catering supplies and place order to ensue advance replenishment; 15. Identify dangerous goods (DG) and segregate them as required and recommended by IATA DG manual and report to the cargo supervisor;
16. Advise the consigner of his responsibility on transportation of DG and ensure the proper packaging, marking and labelling is in place.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: 3 or more years of relevant experience in aviation, cargo, or related functions
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and in Dari and/or Pashto
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Management and Optimization||Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.|
|Planning, Project & Resource Management||Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.|
|Information Management & Reporting||Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.|
|Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution||Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.|
|Warehouse and Inventory Management||Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.|
|Technical Assistance and Coordination||Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.|
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position Title: Storekeeper (UNHAS Cargo)
Grade: Level L4 (SC4)
Contract: Service Contract (SC) – One-year renewable
Duty Station: Kabul
Salary: Starting at USD 15,712 net per annum
Medical Plan: International valid medical plan for the staff member, spouse and dependents children under 18 years
Annual leave: 24 working days per annum
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
5 March 2019
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
For more information please visit official website
Second job there is lots of Opportunities you can apply now
For more information please visit official website