Chinese Government Scholarship Program
Xi’an Jiaotong University (hereinafter refers to as “XJTU”) is a top ten university in China with a history of over a hundred years. The University is located in Xi’an, the ancient city, which boasts many famous tourist sites.
XJTU is a key state university that operates under the administration of the Ministry of Education of China, well-known for its highly qualified teaching staff, outstanding students, modern facilities, and its beautiful campus. In order to promote a better understanding and friendship between Chinese and people from other countries, XJTU welcomes international students to apply “Chinese Government Scholarship” for graduate studies.
I. Application Deadline: November 1st,2018 — March 15th, 2019
II. Duration of Program:
Master’s degree: 2～3 years,
Doctoral degree: 3～4 years.
Successful candidates may have one-year-long Chinese language study prior to the academic study if the teaching language is Chinese.
III. Scholarship Coverage:
1. A waiver of fee for tuition;
2. Free on-campus dormitory accommodation;
3. Monthly living allowance:
Master’s degree students: CNY 3,000 yuan/month;
Doctoral degree students: CNY 3,500 yuan/month;
4. Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with valid passports;
2. Applicants must be in good health;
3. Applicants for Master’s degree must have a Bachelor’s degree and be under 35 years of age,
Applicants for Doctoral degree must have a Master’s degree and be under 40 years of age;
4. Applicants cannot be studying in China under CSC scholarship currently. (CSC Scholarship Graduates from Chinese universities should be graduated before July,2018)
V. Specialties List:
VI. Application Documents:
All documentation must be complete, true, and correct in either Chinese or English.
1.Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship(in Chinese or English, downloaded after online application in CSC system).
2. XJTU Application Form for International Students (automatically formed after online application in XJTU system)
3. Photocopy of the Physical Examination Record for Foreigners should be completed in English.(The original copy should be kept by the applicant.) The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in thePhysical Examination Record for Foreigners.
The forms with incomplete records or without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.
4. Non-criminal Record
5.Notarized highest diploma(photocopy): Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations. Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school.
6.Academic transcripts: Applicants should submit the original transcripts in undergraduate or graduate period. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
7.Two letters of recommendationin Chinese or English from professors or associate professors. If applicant have already contact professor in XJTU, please ask the professor to issue a recommendation letter. Click here to download the pattern
8.A Study Plan or Research Proposal: Applicants must submit a written study plan or research proposal in English or Chinese, with a minimum of 800 words for Master degree and 1500 words for Doctoral degree.
9.Notarized Copies of Research Achievements: Applicants can submit published research papers, award certificates or other documents to prove their achievement and ability in academic research if any.
10.Certificate of English Proficiency Level: transcript of IELTS 5.5 and above, TOEFL 80 and above. Other notarized language proficiency certificate is also acceptable.
11.Certificate of Chinese Proficiency Level: transcript of HSK 5 180 points and above. Other notarized language proficiency certificate is also acceptable.
11.Photocopy of Passport.
12. Application fee: RMB800 (Only accept bank transfer to our account. Account Information for CNY, Account Information for Foreign Currency).
a) No Application documents mentioned above will be returned whether the application is successful or not.
b) Incomplete Applications will be rejected.
c) Please Provide Documents 3-12 in scanned copy and upload to the online application system of XJTU.
VII. Application Procedure:
1. Online application, please go to: https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login
Code of Xi’an Jiaotong University:10698. Choose Type B.
2. Submit the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship online and print it. Please check Application Documents for the detailed checklist and prepare corresponding documents.
3. Register and online application in XJTU system: https://xjtu.17gz.org/member/login.do
4. Pay the application fee and upload the bank remittance into XJTU online application system.
5. Application complete.
VIII. Admission Notification:
Applicants for English-medium master program will be automatically listed as applicants for University Scholarship once they failed in the Chinese Government Scholarship.
Successful candidates will be provided with an admission notice, a JW201 form (Visa form), and Guide to the University form.
Since we will post all the admission documents to successful candidates, it is required for applicants to leave their postal address in the application system.
Students are usually required to report at the Students’ Affairs office with their admission notice and other documents in September (the start of the new session). Failure to do so withintwo weeks of the start of the new term will result in the admission notice becoming invalid.
IX. Contact Information:
Admission Office for International Students
School of International Education, Xi’an Jiaotong University
No.28, Xianning West Road, Xi’an, Shaanxi, 710049, P.R. China
International Student Affairs Office, Yanta Campus
School of International Education, Xi’an Jiaotong University
No.76 Yanta West Road, Xi’an, Shaanxi, 710061, P.R.China
X. Other scholarship programs provided by the Chinese Scholarship Council:
For more information please visit official website