Global Intern Program (GIP)
2019-03-02 1:42 am
For those of you who would like to experience the unique research environment and opportunities available at the GIST, the Global Intern Program (GIP) offers a wonderful opportunity to experience research at GIST by having you join a research lab for eight-weeks during the summer to receive valuable training and mentoring from the lab’s professor. It will be an opportunity to help you decide if pursuing an advanced degree at GIST is right for you while gaining valuable research experience.
Eligibility for Applicants
- International Undergraduate Seniors or Master’s Degree students
- A GPA of 3.0 or above
- You can intern and conduct research with a lab from eight GIST Graduate Schools
- You can gain valuable experience presenting your research during a poster session
- You can expand your perspective with customized GIP special lectures and classes
- You can learn Korean language and cultures at the intensive Korean Class
- GIST will reimburse you for half of your round-trip airfare to Korea
- GIST will provide you with a monthly stipend during your internship
- You will receive dormitory accommodations during your internship
- You can make new friends and meet fellow GIP Interns from all over the world
Research at the Laboratory
Apply for GIP
How can you apply and when can you apply?
Before Applying to GIP
- GIP is only for undergraduate seniors or for master’s degree students
- When you apply, please choose your two preferred laboratories and upload your research plan. If you do not upload your research plan or choose one or two laboratories, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be processed for consideration.
- For efficient processing, please provide your street address, phone number, and full name as it appears on your passport.
- Before applying, please check the GIP eligibility requirements. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will result in your application not being processed.
By applying to the GIP program, you are agreeing to abide by GIST regulations and Korean law. Failure to abide by GIST regulations or Korean law will result in your immediate expulsion from the program at your own expense.
During the GIP Program
8-week Laboratory Internship
- Based on your research proposal
- 1-7th week: You should write a short paper and submit
- 8th week: Submit a draft of your research poster for poster session
Your submitted papers and poster will be published in a book and given to you, your home university, and your participating GIST laboratory.
- From July 10th to August 17th (for 6 weeks) every Monday to Friday, you will have a Korean lecture for 2 hours. You will receive 52 hours of Korean language instruction for 8 weeks to help you learn basic Korean. For the Korean Class Completion Ceremony, you will have to give a short presentation in Korean.
- Special lectures from GIST and international organizations will be provided once a week.
Cultural Classes Caligraphy
Korean Paper Art
- If you do not submit a paper and poster, you will not receive reimbursement for your flight or a GIP completion certificate.
- Flight reimbursement will be processed during the 7th week of the program.
For more information please visit official wesite
More from Announcementsنشریات / اخبار / اطلاعیات
What is a recommendation letter?
Student who wants to apply for a university to pursue their education, requires to present one or two recommendation letter that is written by School te... 2019-06-11 1:15 am
Job at US Embassy Kabul as Legal Analyst
02/26/2019 - 03/04/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone:
... 2019-03-02 1:54 am
Job at American Embassy in Kabul as Legal Analyst
For more information please visit official website
02/26/2019 - 03/04... 2019-02-28 1:05 am
Kankor Af is not Affiliated or Associated with Ministry of Higher Education or any other legal institution.
Thank you for supporting us!
Kankor Af is managed by a team of volunteers for the benefit of education in AF.