Collaborative Research Centre 874
Integration and Representation of Sensory Processes
International Student Fellowship
The short-term stipend gives talented international students an opportunity to become familiar with a foreign lab, the research topics of the SFB 874 and to learn the skills they need to begin a PhD project in the SFB. After successfully passing the immersion programme the candidate will be integrated into the PhD-programme of the Integrated Research Training Group of the SFB 874 and take part in its curriculum which is operated under the auspices of the International Graduate School of Neuroscience .
Who can apply?
- International students who have not previously lived in Germany
- Students from all countries are welcome
- Applicants must hold a Master’s, Diploma or equivalent degree in neuroscience, biology, chemistry, engineering, mathematics, psychology or other neuroscience-related fields, including an experimental thesis
- An interest in the topics of the SFB 874
- An excellent academic record and fluent English skills
What we offer:
- A scholarship of 1300 € for a maximum of 6 months (the scholarship holder has to bear the cost of health insurance)
- Theoretical and practical training in the research fields of the SFB 874
- State-of-the-art technology
- An international network of renowned scientists
- Integration into the social and cultural life of the RUB and the city of Bochum
Documents required for the Application:
- Motivation letter, including a description of the applicant’s interest in the SFB 874, a brief summary of previous research work, research interests, professional goals and practical experience
- Curriculum Vitae
- Relevant certificates and degrees
- Names and addresses of two referees
Applications may be submitted at any time via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further questions and queries regarding the International Student Fellowship please contact email@example.com.
For more information please visit official website